Blue and White Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until blended. Add the vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in coconut, white chocolate chips and dried blueberries.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
California biggest blueberry fan Tawnie travels to Critchley Farms in Kingsburg and whip up a batch of fresh blueberry lemon cookies.