Honey Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup natural almonds (not roasted or salted)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- Put the almonds and water in the pitcher of a blender and leave overnight to soak.
- Once soaked, run the blender on high until the almonds are completely pulverized, a minute at least.
- Drape a nut milk bag over the top of a pitcher. Alternatively, line a colander with a double layer of cheese cloth or a thin tea towel and set over a mixing bowl. Pour in the contents of the blender into the pitcher or colander and strain out the liquid. Squeeze the bag/cheese cloth/tea towel very firmly until all that remains in the bag is fairly dry almond meal.
- Rinse the blender of any almond meal residue and pour the strained almond milk back in. Add the vanilla and honey and run the blender until mixed through.
- Chill for a couple of hours. Stir the almond milk just before serving. Store in the fridge for up to three days.
California biggest blueberry fan Tawnie travels to Critchley Farms in Kingsburg and whip up a batch of fresh blueberry lemon cookies.